Saturday, January 3, 2009

Hello all ! I've not posted on this thing in well over a year. About a year and a half, I guess. So it's time to get back to it! I now have high speed - thank God I'm done with dial up! So this will be much simpler and quicker for me.


A lot has happened in the past year. The biggest news, is John and I are now divorced. The kids and I are temporarily renting a place about 20 minutes from him. For those of you who have known us for quite a while - this isn't shocking. To others, it may be. One thing I know, is I know I gave it all I could. I know there will be difficult times ahead, but God will get us through it all. And I know that all things work for the good of those who love God, and are called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28). So... just be in prayer for all of us - including John .

I figured I'd post some pics of things over the past year or so.... we had a VERY busy year. In January we all (w/ John) went to Disney World. My parents went as well. The BEST vacation place ever. I just loved it. As did the kiddos. Here are some pics.....



John Michael, Nathan, Bailey and Ben in front of the infamous castle.





Ya gotta meet Mickey..













..and princesses....









The mad hatter at Nate's birthday breakfast. Both he and Bailey had their Birthdays while there. So we did character breakfasts for each. Baileys was in Cinderella's castle.





My knights in shining armor.












There is a really cool story here, about Ben getting to fight Darth Vader. This is in MGM studios, and certain times throughout the day, you can meet at this place, and different kids are chosen to train as Jedi's. Ben had his heart set on this. It was the last session of the day - the day before we left. He wasn't chosen - he tried, though. He raised his hand - but didn't jump around and yell like a brat (and like some of the others... that were chosen, btw). When he wasn't picked, my heart just fell for him - as it was his last chance. He was fine, though - he said "I'll get it next time mom. It's ok." I gently told him there probably wouldn't be a next time - but he wouldn't listen to me. He just repeated over and over "I'll get picked next time, mom." Well, the next day was our last day AND Nathan's birthday, so he got to choose which of the 4 parks we would attend, and we would only be there half a day. Well, wouldn't you know it, Nathan chose MGM Studios. And by the time we made it over there, it was the LAST possible chance Ben was going to have. His siblings rallied around him. As they were choosing kids, Ben didn't even stand up. He remained sitting, calmly raising his hand. This boy had FAITH I tell ya. His brothers and sister all stood behind him pointing to him - lo and behold - they picked him. That boy was thrilled. He stood up, turned and said to me "see, mom, I told ya they'd pick me." I was so happy for him. (and isn't that Jedi trainer CUTE?!!)







Bailey got a "make over" for her birthday. Isn't she a princess??







This is what a cool Papa looks like - one wearing shimmery Minnie ears. Why? Because Bailey didn't want to wear/carry them any more.














Then it was time for Clearwater Beach. Here are Granny and Bailey.



The boys on the beach.


We had a great time. A day at the beach after enjoying 10 days at Disney. The kids LOVED Tower of Terror - as did I. The older 2 rode Rock 'N Roller Coaster with Granny and me. Priceless. We pretty much rode every ride, and saw lots of shows. We slept well at night, that's for sure. I highly recommend a Disney Vacation, and stay on property. Well worth it.




Well, that's all I'll post for now. I took over 700 (gasp!) pictures while on this vacation..... I'm taking up a collection to cover the cost of printing..... you all should have my address..... But if you'd like to see them ALL, I could always upload more..... not. Come over and see the album. When I get it finished. In 8 years.


























































1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shocked??? Jill and I darn near choked on our toasted bagels!!

We are glad to hear you and family are dealing with the change in a "positive" way. I am convinced that with every "negative" experience in life there is always some good that results. Not always obvious at first, but it will be over time..... Please send your new address so we can mail you another Xmas/new year's card.

Come visit again when you all are back East!!!!

Charlie, Jill, Ben, David